Have you been out of touch with this weeks musical-hype? Busying yourself with issues that actually matter? Well here’s a brief recap of what’s been going on.
Kanye West Releases A New One Off Cruel Summer:
Kanye’s latest Lp Cruel Summer drops on September 18th. This track, which dropped Thursday is the latest taster we’ve got of the record. It features Jay Z, Big Sean and Hit Boy (the producer behind the Niggas In Paris beat). I’m still 90% sure Kanye’s a practical joke just waiting for the punchline. Anytime now he’s going to be unmasked as a particularly obvious A-level art project… surely. Tracklist is below.
01. Kanye West, R. Kelly – “To The World”
02. Kanye West, Jay-Z & Big Sean – “Clique”
03.Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz – “Mercy”
04.Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah – “New God Flow”
05. Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi & D’Banj – “The Morning”
06.Kanye West & DJ Khaled – “Cold”
07. The-Dream, Pusha T & Ma$e – “Higher”
08. John Legend, Travi $ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce & Malik Yusef – “Sin City”
09. Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz & Marsha Ambrosius – “The One”
10. Kid Cudi – “Creepers”
11. John Legend & Teyana Taylor – “Bliss”
12. Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean & Jadakiss – “Don’t Like (Remix)”
Coexist Stream Released:
The xx’s sophomore Lp Coexist got it’s official stream this week. Whale Song for the thinking man it’s beige-step and then some. It’s also a pretty solid effort that avoids the second album jitters we were all expecting. Swings and roundabouts.
Thom Yorke’s New Project Releases A Single:
Atoms For Peace, aka Thom Yorke, dropped a single on the Web. Things got glitchy pretty fast after that. 5 minutes of post-ecstatic shakiness it’s not going to get him rotations on Radio 1 any time soon. Which is a good thing. If this was made by a new band they’d quickly have “next big thing” gold-stars all over themselves.
A$AP Rocky Remixes Rihanna:
It wouldn’t be Hype Roundup if A$AP Rocky wasn’t there somewhere. Seriously though the kid’s popping up everywhere. His verses on this are pretty good. The original Rihanna song is dismal. Since when has she had a 13 year-old schoolboy writing her lyrics?